Thursday, February 7, 2008

A brand that doesn't know itself, its audience, and what times we live in..


I start with some old news.r/ga’s work for Verizon.
www.Verizonbeatbox.com

I don’t think it’s live any longer but it’s on r/ga’s site.

It’s an example of how different a brand can be on the web compared on the street.

However I always thought the two were one.

We all live in the same submarine. The websphere, or homesphere, or jobsphere, the schoolsphere, the streetsphere, the TVsphere, the print magazinesphere, the hemisphere, we’re all living there.

The disconnect is not r/ga’s fault, it’s the client’s fault. If I was the client I would listen more to r/ga.

I’m 50, I have a few mobile devices, as do my wife and my four kids.

I’m 50, and I connect far easier with the work of r/ga than the usual nerdy and ugly dross coming from Verizon.

I’m 50, but I’m not dead yet. I hope.

Verizon treats me as brain dead for sure. Verizon’s old fahioned mainstream work is old school at its worth. r/ga is new school. A pity that Verizon sees the new mainstream as some sort of niche.

The brand is annoying. Because most of their advertising is annoying.

go to www.rga.com/large.htmlwww.Verizonbeatbox.com

No comments: